INTRODUCING...THE ULTIMATE BEANS ON TOAST
If you’re looking for some classic comfort food with a new twist, then look no further than this easy to make Ultimate Beans on Toast recipe.
Created by vegan foodie, Rosie Minderides, in partnership with Jason’s Sourdough, this cosy recipe is packed with flavour making it perfect for a crisp autumnal lunchbreak.
Recipe created by Rosie Minderides (the_vibey_vegan) in partnership with Jason’s Sourdough, available at M&S, RRP £1.80.
To serve 2 you will need:
4 slices of Jason’s Sourdough, variety of your choice
Butter (or a vegan alternative if you wish)
For the beans:
A dash of olive oil
½ of an onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
A handful of mushrooms, roughly chopped
½ a teaspoon of chilli flakes, to taste
½ a teaspoon paprika, to taste
A tablespoon of soy sauce, to taste
½ a teaspoon mixed herbs
A splash of maple syrup
A can of beans of your choice (we love butter beans!) drained
A handful of blended plum tomatoes
- Fry the diced onion, garlic and mushrooms with chilli flakes and paprika in a medium size pan on a medium heat in oil until they start to soften.
- While they are cooking, blend your plum tomatoes in a food processor or hand blender until they are smooth. Set aside for now.
- Once the mushrooms are tender, stir in the soy sauce, mixed herbs and maple syrup to taste.
- Add in the drained beans of your choice and the blended plum tomatoes. Simmer until the sauce thickens up.
- Whilst that continues to thicken, toast your selected variety of Jason’s Sourdough and serve by piling the beans onto the buttered toast. Enjoy!