Jason’s Ciabattin has been referred to as the crumpet bread - this is why it makes such amazing French Toast, as it holds so much of the custard.
10 Mins Easy Serves 2
• Jason’s White Ciabattin
• Unsalted Butter
• 6 eggs
• 125ml Double Cream
• 1 tsp Orange Zest
• 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg
• Maple Syrup or Honey
• Icing Sugar
1. Combine the eggs, double cream, orange zest, cinnamon and ground nutmeg in a shallow wide dish.
2. Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture allowing them to soak on both sides.
3. Transfer each piece to a hot pan with a knob of butter and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
1. Plate the French Toast and sprinkle with fresh fruit of your choice
2. Drizzle with maple syrup and for that restaurant finish, dust with a bit of icing sugar